Saturday, December 15, 2007

Spirit of the Season


I know, I know... I've been known to be the biggest proponent of calling Deseret Book the ultimate peddler of priestcraft, yet here I am, preaching in the spirit of Abelard's most recent posts, offering my two-cents worth on a "must-have" item for anyone loving classical Christmas music... The CD "Spirit of the Season" by the Mormon Tabernacle Choir with Sissel is incredible. Go get it now and listen to it while you're in the mood for Christmas music - don't wait until Christmas! (Am I over-selling here?)


Of course, you've got to be stone deaf to not appreciate the gift of pure magic that is Sissel's smooth, effortless soprano voice with that Norwegian touch of angelic beauty!


I saw the performance live twice last year - and by far I'm completely blown-away, swept-off-my-feet in love with another woman! For this gay-boy, that's saying something!


6 comments:

Stenar said...

I'm another gay boy who's been in love with Sissel for years. ;)

Beck said...

Thanks, Stenar... I'm glad I'm not alone in my fascination and adoration of this amazing voice and person! For a while there, I was beginning to wonder if I were the only one.

Stenar said...

I used to be practically the only one in the USA who was a fan of Sissel for years, but finally she's beginning to gain more fans here.

I even started a website about her 10 years ago:
The Sissel Website

Beck said...

I've been a fan for just over a year. Ten years for you makes you quite the original.

I see she's coming to SLC for a concert in Feb... I've got to get tickets!

Stenar said...

Tickets are going fast. Get them while you can.

Beck said...

I got them!... You're right though - they're essentially sold out!