Saturday, March 24, 2007

Popcorn...


I looked out the window and
what did I see?
Popcorn popping
on the Apricot tree...

It has been such a beautiful day today. I've got spring fever! I really don't want to work. I can't concentrate on my job. I spent a good chunk of the day already pruning trees and bushes, washing the car, soaking in the sun - a pretty amazing day in March in Utah - even though I have so many projects to finish designing.

The apricot tree is in full bloom. The blossoms caught the light and they glistened with vibrant white against the crisp blue sky. I had to get my camera... It was a magical moment.

Spring brings feelings of restlessness. I want to get out. I want to travel. I want to go away and discover new things and new places. I want to go back to old places and rediscover fond memories. I have an itch to not be where I am.

Speaking of itching, spring brings allergies and sneezing! And with gusto!

Spring brings new life... the garden is literally bursting out with signs of life - some prematurely as I know a snow storm or two are still on the horizon.

No real gay theme here - but I guess that's okay - there will be plenty of time for that, but not today - it's too beautiful to destroy with more thoughts of angst.

Happy Spring!

2 comments:

Thrasius said...

I love spring SO freaking much. I can't even tell you how much I agree with you.

Beck said...

Yeah, but spring in Utah means 70 degrees and sunny one day and 32 degrees and snow the next... kind of an analogy of my life - totally angst-free and reborn one day, and full of struggles the next.