Wednesday, September 20, 2006

PROVERBS

Some recent reflections of reading the Old Testament -

THE GLORY OF A YOUNG MAN IS THEIR STENGTH:

AND THE BEAUTY OF OLD MEN IS THE GRAY HEAD.

-- Proverbs 20:29

I'm not a fan of the gray hair coming on my head! I don't consider them "well earned" or "signs of wisdom". Instead, they are a sad reminder that I'm slip-sliding into middle age whether I want to or not. (But they won't take me without much kicking, screaming, and gnashing of teeth!!!) I much rather glory in the strength of young men!

IT IS BETTER TO DWELL IN THE WILDERNESS,

THAN WITH A CONTENTIOUS AND AN ANGRY WOMAN.

-- Proverbs 21: 19

Let's just say that when my wife is happy, then the entire family is happy! And when I'm concentrating on her instead of other "distractions", we are all happier... But, why are there so many distractions?

No comments: