Monday, April 07, 2008

Wow, I got tagged!


In response to the recent tag-game of a random book nearby, 5th sentence on page 123, I offer the following:


"Most visitors, however, will concern themselves with the upper town, a captivating gem of a place, built high on a rocky ridge, still retaining its original medieval street plan and a number of fine palazzi."


-- The Most Beautiful Country Towns of Tuscany, James Bentley.


(A description of Colle di Val d'Elsa, a small hill town near Siena in Tuscany - and yes, the book is nearby as I research for an upcoming trip to rural forgotten villages of Italy).


Anyone reading this can offer their input on my search for the most beautiful and most forgotten hideaway gems in Italy. I'd love to hear from you.


And if you're reading this, you are tagged.


And thank you, Abe, for tagging me! :(

No comments: